If you’re keen to learn about global health and have 2-3 days available per week in the coming months, please consider applying for this exciting fixed-term post.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To support the various administrative needs of our operations, ranging from support to seasonal giving campaigns and events, to travel bookings and the organizing of meetings.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting upcoming fundraising campaigns and communications efforts with discrete pieces of work as requested.
- Facilitating meetings and events for the global Lifebox team; including scheduling and minuting meetings.
- Preparing materials and presentations for events, training and conferences.
- Supporting the team with travel bookings etc.
Knowledge and experience
- At least one year of relevant experience, either in a paid position or as a volunteer.
- Experience working in a busy team.
- Understanding of international development and global health issues, current trends and priorities.
- Strong commitment to Lifebox’s mission and vision.
- Knowledge of a range of social media and online platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Experience working or volunteering in a global health or similar nonprofit.
- Experience writing content for a range of audiences and platforms.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to take initiative.
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks and work to deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, including developed written and skills.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in a second language in addition to English (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese and Arabic being especially useful).
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and 1-page covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria. Please include details of two referees with full contact details. Please mark your email ‘admin assistant’. You can also call Kristine on 0203 286 0402 to discuss.
We are accepting applications for this post on a rolling basis and will close the vacancy once an appointment has been made. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary is the London Living Wage.
Only those with a valid UK work permit will be eligible for appointment. Lifebox is not able to sponsor visa applications.
Lifebox is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.