We are looking for a Program Manager for Lifebox Francophone projects
As Program Manager you will manage the implementation of our safer surgery and anesthesia work across Francophone countries. Working as part of our program team and with clinical advisors and partners, you will provide operational and strategic leadership for program development, design and implementation.
You can find further information including person specification here. Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 28 October 2020 at 5pm UK.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (resume) and a covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria. Please include details of two referees.
Job title: Program Manager – Francophone
Location: UK, USA, or Ethiopia
Reporting to: Head of Programs
Key relationships: Program team colleagues; clinical team; external stakeholders and partners; communications & development staff; finance staff; trustees; Global CEO and COO
Salary: As per relevant local scale
Lifebox (www.lifebox.org) is a global nonprofit dedicated to improving surgical safety in low and middle-income countries. We are registered in the USA, UK and Ethiopia. Founded in 2011 by the authors of the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist, Lifebox works to ensure that surgical teams around the world have the tools and training needed to provide the safest care possible for their patients. Our work focuses on three core areas of work: anesthesia safety, reducing surgical site infections, and improving teamwork in the operating room.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To manage the implementation of Lifebox’s safer surgery and anesthesia work globally. Working as part of a program team, and closely with clinical advisors and partners, the Program Manager provides operational and strategic leadership for program development, design and implementation within defined areas of responsibility (geographic or thematic).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager will oversee the design and delivery of program and strategic plans within their areas of responsibility, and develop and manage key relationships with partners and funders. They will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Lifebox programs are managed on-budget, on time and with optimal impact. This position will require regular international travel.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working with the Lifebox program team to develop and implement annual and multi-year strategic plans for program delivery within the areas of responsibility
- Contributing to the overall strategic vision of the organisation and developing new and emerging ideas within the program team
- Leading the development, design and implementation of high-quality, high impact projects and programs in order to achieve program objectives
- Undertaking detailed project planning including developing logframes, timelines, objectives and deliverables
- Managing the implementation of ongoing programs of work across Lifebox’s three strategic pillars
- Designing and managing program budgets, and monitoring expenditure to ensure programs are delivered to budget and with value for money
- Developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for programs
- In collaboration with fundraising staff, identify funding opportunities and develop high quality funding proposals for external donors
- In collaboration with clinical advisors, developing new program concepts and materials, and refining existing materials, in response to feedback from partners
- Manage relationships with funders and produce high quality reports according to agreed deadlines
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with key internal stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, advisors and Trustees where appropriate to meet program objectives
- Developing and strengthening collaborative relationships with external parties, including funders, partners, sub-contractors, consultants, relevant professional societies, and Ministries of Health as agreed
- Solving issues and problems as they arise; clearing barriers to success for the team
- Representing Lifebox at conferences, meetings and other events in order to build the organisation’s profile and network
- Line or task managing junior members of staff, interns or volunteers where appropriate
- In collaboration with Communications colleagues, ensuring that information about Lifebox’s programmatic work and impact is communicated both internally and externally
- Ensure that learning is shared within the Lifebox team, and support the ongoing development of Lifebox’s objectives for learning for our partners
- Postgraduate degree in public health or related medical field
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of global surgery
- Experience of designing and implementing projects in the context of global health, and proven ability to manage projects to a high standard
- Understanding of project management principles and tools
- Ability to build relationships and networks globally, and work collaboratively with partners
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple work streams, and to work independently and proactively
- Ability to solve problems and address challenges constructively
- Experience of designing budgets and managing and monitoring expenditure
- Excellent written and spoken French and English
- Clinical experience
- Project management qualification
- Understanding of research methodologies
- Additional language skills (particularly Spanish, Hindi or Amharic)
- Experience of coaching/training
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV (resume) and a covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria. Please include details of two referees with full contact details.
Interviews will be held via Zoom.