Exciting opportunity to join the Lifebox team in London
At Lifebox, we’re determined to make safe surgery for every patient a right, not a privilege – and we’re expanding our team to meet the challenge. You’ll support the delivery of our programmes worldwide, with an emphasis on finance. Based in central London but with the possibility of occasional travel to project sites in Africa, Asia or Latin America, this dual role (focused on project support and finance) will help ensure our programmes around the world are executed on time, on budget and with robust monitoring & evaluation in place.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance & Project Officer will support all aspects of our work globally, including execution of project deliverables and the coordination of relationships with external partners and funders. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring speedy and accurate processing of all income and preparation of monthly income reports with reconciliation to third party reports;
- Managing and processing all payments to correct timetables and ensuring allocation to appropriate cost centres;
- Preparing monthly programme reports and reviewing with other staff.
- Liaising with medical device manufacturers, hospitals and collaborators to get essential equipment to the right place and on time;
- Updating and reviewing monthly procurement reports;
- Managing the Lifebox CRM, Salesforce;
- Preparing materials and presentations for events, training and conferences;
- Supporting implementation of our monitoring & evaluation protocol with data entry, analysis and reporting;
- Facilitating meetings and events for the global Lifebox team; including scheduling and minuting business meetings; servicing working groups; representing the organization at outreach events and conferences.
Other responsibilities may be added depending on experience and need.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum two years’ relevant experience;
- Experience with bookkeeping, budgeting and financial procedures;
- Experience working in a busy team;
- Strong commitment to Lifebox’s mission and vision;
- Understanding of international development and global health issues, current trends and priorities;
- Experience living and working in a low-income setting;
- Experience of working with expert volunteers;
- Experience working in a global health or similar nonprofit.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Strong administrative, bookkeeping and organizational skills;
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to take initiative;
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks and work to deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills, including well developed written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM;
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in additional languages (Spanish and French being of particular interest);
- The numerical ability to analyse financial information, budget and monitor costs;
- Advanced IT skills.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the selection criteria. Please mark your email ‘Finance & Project Officer’. Please include details of two referees with full contact details.
For an informal chat about the position please call our office on 0207 631 8881 and ask to speak to Kristine Stave, Global COO.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Midnight on Sunday 11 March 2018. Interviews will be held in Central London in mid March.
Only those with right to work in the UK will be considered for this position. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Lifebox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.